Do you have diabetes? Then you need to be extra cautious about what you eat and your lifestyle and all the more careful when you are travelling in trains, especially if it is an overnight journey. The thought of an overnight journey might sound daunting if you have diabetes, but a few simple steps will ensure that you can travel without any problem at all.
So, if you are gearing up for a train journey and have been battling with diabetes for some time now, then here are some time tested tips that will surely help you along your journey:
- The first and the most important thing that you have to be particular about is the food. The food has to be good quality and fresh food. You cannot afford to indulge in fatty or sweet food, because if you fall ill during the journey, the results might be catastrophic. So in order to ensure that you eat fresh and healthy food you can Order Food from Train. There are apps from where you can place order from your preferred choice of restaurant in a city which has a junction station and the food will be delivered right to your berth. This way you can ensure that you have healthy and fresh food.
- The next thing to make sure of is to carry your medicines with you. Most people suffering from diabetes have to take regular pills on a daily basis and hence it is important that you have them with you when travelling. Remember to have them as prescribed. In order to make double sure that you do not forget to have them, you can always set reminders on your phone.
- One of the most harmful things when it comes to diabetes is if your sugar falls. A person with a sudden low blood sugar might eventually go to coma and result in an untimely death. Hence this is one thing that you need to be very careful about. If by any chance you feel faint or feel your blood sugar dropping, make sure that you have high sugar content candies and chocolate bars with you, which you can immediately raise your blood sugar at that moment.
- It is very important to eat at intervals when you have diabetes- a practise that you must follow when travelling in trains as well. So it is absolutely essential that you carry little titbits with you for your journey, like cakes, biscuits, dry fruits like almonds and walnuts, that you can munch on at occasional intervals.
- And lastly, do not take much stress or strain. Try to remain as worry free as possible since stress is never good for blood sugar patients. Even if you experience a delay in the journey and might be running late for something important, stay calm and make the necessary arrangements rather than stressing about.
Diabetes is a disease which has to be treated with great caution and when you are travelling in trains, these are the little things that you can do to ensure that when you travel, you travel right.